Clyde & Co - Hong Kong
Clyde & Co is one of the longest-established international law firms in Hong Kong and our office is a hub for Clyde & Co’s Asia network. Our Hong Kong office is staffed by 10 partners and over 50 other lawyers and legal staff offering a full and integrated range of legal services.
The Hong Kong office has a strong regional focus having advised local and international clients on business and investment opportunities in Hong Kong, China and throughout the Asia Pacific region for nearly 35 years. We work closely with our network of international offices from around the world, in particular Shanghai, Beijing, Chongqing and Singapore.
Our lawyers are multi-lingual and qualified to practise law in Hong Kong, China, Singapore, England and Wales, the United States, Australia and the Marshall Islands.
Our Hong Kong practice is sector focused, specialising in insurance and reinsurance, professional practices, aviation, marine, construction, transport and trade, banking and finance. We have one of the largest dispute resolution teams in Hong Kong, and we are industry leaders in both commercial litigation and arbitration.
Clients include multinational corporations, insurers and reinsurers, investment banks and other financial institutions, regulatory bodies, trading houses, airlines, developers, contractors, oil and gas companies, charterers, ship owners, P&I clubs, government organisations and NGOs.
We provide a full commercial service including:
• Corporate and commercial
• Dispute resolution and international arbitration
• Energy and projects
• Financial Services / Regulatory • Insurance and reinsurance
• International trade
• Professional Indemnity
In addition to Clyde & Co’s network of 45 offices worldwide, we have well- established affiliations with local and correspondent law firms in all major jurisdictions. We pride ourselveson being able to call on the best lawyers for a particular engagement in a particular country. Whether we manage and co-ordinate local lawyers, or work alongside them, the number of international mandates which we have handled and our resulting experience ensure we can deliver both an effective international and local service for clients throughout Hong Kong & China, the Asia Pacific region and worldwide.
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼• Tier 1: Hong Kong Construction (APAC Legal 500 2016)
• Band 1 (International Firms): China & Hong Kong Insurance (Chambers APAC 2015)
• Best in Insurance at the AsiaLaw’s Asia Pacific Dispute Resolution Awards 2015
• Aviation Law Firm of the Year by Who’s Who Legal Awards 2005 to present
• ALB’s Employer of Choice in China and Hong Kong 2015
• Best Community Engagement Firm by MPF Awards for Management Excellence 2015
• Shipping Law Firm of the Year by ALB HK Law Awards 2014
• Asian-Mena Counsel Maritime & Shipping Firm of the Year Hong Kong 2014
“A client-focused firm – I can call the partners on the phone anytime I need some help and they will be more than happy to talk.” Chambers Asia-Pacific