Judie Sun, Partner, Tsar & Tsai Law Firm
|Address:||8th Fl., 245 DunHua S. Rd., Sec. 1
Tsar & Tsai Law Firm
Taiwan, Corporate/M&A, Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property, Regulatory & ComplianceView Law Firm Profile
Ms. Judie Sun is a partner with Tsar & Tsai Law Firm specializing in intellectual property rights, corporate law, white collar crime, civil litigation, criminal defense, administrative litigation and dispute resolutions. Prior to her career transition to private practice, Judie is a public prosecutor with the Prosecutor’s Office of Taipei District Court for ten years handling various types of criminal prosecution including intellectual property infringement and securities law violations.
With her ten years of experience as a public prosecutor, Judie is familiar with the criminal legal system and understands the prosecution procedure and tactics. After joining Tsar & Tsai in 2007, Judie has successfully represented domestic and foreign companies on civil and criminal matters relating to trade secrets, fair trade, intellectual property rights violations, corporate and securities dispute.
Judie has also represented publicly trade companies on various criminal cases involving securities law violations, money laundering allegations and government procurement disputes. Additionally, Judie also represents high tech companies and their responsible persons on administrative litigations against appeals board of various government agencies, the Ministry of Finance and administrative courts on tax issues.
Judie is a frequent speaker to various agencies and universities on intellectual property law and corporate compliance.
In 2008, Judie is invited to be a member specialist of the Research Project for Intellectual Property Rights and Generic Drugs by the Chinese Pharmaceutical Manufacture and Development Association.
Judie is an arbitrator with the Arbitration Association of the ROC.
- National Taiwan University School of Law (LL.B. 1993)
- National Cheng-chi University, Graduate Institute of Intellectual Property (MBA 2005)
- George Washington University Law School (Visiting Scholar 2006)
- Taipei Bar Association
- Arbitration Association of the ROC
PUBLICATIONS AND SPEECHES:
- Taxation based on Substance Rule
- The Research of Experimental Use Exception of Patent Law and Pharmaceutical Affairs Act - Especially in Pharmaceutical Industry
- Analysis of a Trademark Infringement Lawsuit, Cases Analysis of Intellectual Property Law and Management
- The Discussion of Intellectual Property Investigation from a Public Prosecutor's Point of View
- Preparations for Trial in Economic Crimes
Mandarin Chinese, English