Tuan A. Phung Esq.
|Tel:||+84 28 38 272 029|
|Address:||Add: P7.42-OT06, Park 7, Vinhomes Central Park, Nguyen Huu Canh, Ward 22, Binh Thanh District, Ho
Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Vietnam, Banking & Finance, Competition & Antitrust, Construction & Real Estate, Corporate/M&A, Intellectual Property, Investment FundsView Law Firm Profile
Mr. Tuan Phung possesses a vast experience in practicing law in Vietnam. His experiences in law and involvement with the management of international business in Vietnam provide him a unique qualification in consulting both as a business manager and a legal expert. He is the creator of the “In-house Counsel Service™” and various specialized legal services for Multinational Business in Vietnam which has been retained by client of various multinational companies.
In addition to the field of international trade and business law, through 20 years of practice experience, Mr. Tuan also participated in major litigation in the commercial, banking and capital markets in Vietnam. Specifically, he recently:
- Engaged to represent for a large domestic enterprise to litigate in U.S court about Recognition and Enforcement of the Vietnam Law as a Vietnamese legal expert for Houston court, Texas, USA.
- Participated in one of 10 “great cases” in the banking sector as a representative & defending lawyer (related to Nguyen Duc Kien and former board members of the ACB, Vietinbank, ACB Securities, VietBank and Kien Long Bank).
- Currently he and his litigation lawyer team are cooperating closely as a Vietnamese partner with the Dispute Resolution Committee – American Bar Association – ABA and the Ministry of Justice of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam on the development support from the ABA – American Bar Association in the fields of institution building, legislative activities, and necessary technical assistance to promote the settlement of disputes by arbitration, commercial mediation in Vietnam
Before founding VCI LEGAL, Mr. Phung was the founder of the Corporate Legal Department for UNILEVER in Vietnam. Since the early days of economic liberation in Vietnam, Mr. Phung had practiced with COUDERT BROTHERS, the oldest law firm in the United State. Some of the notable ones could be listed down as follows:
- Sole Country Advisor for various multination companies in Vietnam; Representing US & European Companies in requesting the implementation of the US-VN BTA for trading rights;
- Advisor for the largest 100% foreign-owned Real Estate Project in Vietnam, which valued up to US$ 450 million;
- Advisor of legal issues in the first merger of two joint venture companies in Vietnam during the time when there is no legal framework in Vietnam.
- Key players in various buyout arrangements between the foreign and Vietnamese parties in share transfers and brand acquisitions;
- Organized anti-counterfeit campaigns on a nationwide basis which have helped to eliminate and control the widely-expand of counterfeit product for a multinational consumer product companies;
- Organized the first co-operation scheme between six different high-level governmental authorities and a multinational company in anti-counterfeiting
- Master of Law LL.M. Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA, majoring in commercial law (companies, enterprises mergers and acquisitions, antitrust, securities, banking, commercial litigation, business, intellectual property, etc.);
- Bachelor of Economics BE, UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS, Ho Chi Minh City, Business Administration;
- LL.B Bachelor of Law, Ho Chi Minh City University of Law. City, specializing in economic law.
Member of Association and Organization
• Vietnam Bar Federation - VBF
• Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association - HCMC Bar Association;
• American Bar Association (ABA);
• Vietnam Association in Financial and Investment - VAFI
• Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI)
• American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham HCMC)
• European Chamber of Commerce Eurocham
• World Federation of Consul – United Nation Organizations - FICAC
• HCMC Young Business Association (YBA);
• Business Council of Hong Kong
• Alumni & Overseas Intellectual Property of Japan (AOTS);
• Alumni Association, Northwestern University, USA
- Corporation & Securities
- Banking & Finance
- Merger & Acquisition
- Investment, Commercial Transaction
- Antitrust, Venture Capital
- Intellectual Properties
- Real Estate
- Top Lawyer – Company Mergers and Acquisitions M &A | ASIALAW organization.
- Top Lawyer – Portfolio Global 500 of the INTERCONTINENTAL FINANCE MAGAZINE.
- Outstanding Lawyer of the Year – Corporate Law and Finance | CORPORATE INTL GLOBAL AWARD Magazine.
- Lawyer of the Year – Corporate Law and Finance | GLOBAL LAW EXPERTS ORGANIZATION