On 16 February 2022, the Government issued Resolution No. 19/NQ-CP on the promulgation of the National Program on occupational safety and health for the period 2021-2025 (the “Program”). The Resolution has the following main contents:
- Setting general and specific goals by 2025 related to occupational safety and hygiene. In which, the general goals including:
- Taking care of improving working conditions;
- Preventing occupational accidents and occupational diseases, taking care of employees’ health; and
- Ensuring the safety of life for employees, property of the State, property of enterprises and organizations, contributing to the sustainable development of the country.
- The Program is deployed nationwide to all occupations, state management of occupational safety and health, employees and employers. The Program is prioritized for implementation in industries and jobs with high risk of occupational accidents, occupational diseases, small and medium enterprises, cooperatives, and craft villages.
- Setting the key tasks and solutions to implement the Program:
- Improving the system of policies and laws and improving the capacity of inspection, examination, supervision, and public service provision on occupational safety and health;
- Strengthening information, educating and training to raise awareness of occupational safety and hygiene;
- Promoting research, advice, support to improve working conditions, prevention of occupational accidents and occupational diseases;
- Strengthening international cooperation activities; and
- Managing, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the Program.
For further information, please contact:
Minh Ngo Nhat, Managing Partner, BLawyers