Ameet Kaur Purba - Partner - Shearn Delamore & Co
|Tel:||+603 2027 2872|
|Address:||7th Floor, Wisma
No.1, Leboh Ampang
50100 Kuala Lumpur,
Shearn Delamore & Co
Malaysia, Intellectual PropertyView Law Firm Profile
Ameet provides legal advice on trademark prosecution, trademark clearance searches and trademark registrability (in preparation of subsequent trade mark applications), trademark opposition and rectification proceedings as well as protection and maintenance of copyright, industrial design and geographical indication.
She advises clients on matters related to advertising, consumer protection, copyright, domain names, gaming, e-commerce, entertainment, merchandising, optical disks, anti-counterfeiting, parallel importation, medical device regulations, Information Technology (IT) and telecommunication issues as well as regulatory approvals for food and drugs, and other regulatory laws.
She also advises clients on IP related agreements associated with commercial contracts, and also licensing and franchising arrangements as well as privacy concerns relating to the collection and use of personal data. Ameet conducts data protection audits for clients to ensure compliance with data protection laws with respect to the collection, storage and use of customers’ personal data.
She also negotiates and advises on the exploitation and enforcement of IP rights, and manages IP due diligence work for leading multinational companies that have worldwide presence.
- President of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI), Malaysian Chapter
- Malaysian Bar
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Malaysian Intellectual Property Association (MIPA)
Awards and Recognition
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2014) – “Recommended Lawyer” in Intellectual Property
- Co-authored the article IP and Online Advertising published in Managing Intellectual Property
- Asia-Pacific IP Focus – Managing Intellectual Property, 2018 [co-author]
- Provided content for the Inaugural Edition of DLA Piper’s Asia-Pacific Trade Mark Law Guide – Malaysia Chapter
- ASEAN proposes Pan-ASEAN Trademark System – Managing Intellectual Property, 2018 [co-author]