Freddy Karyadi - Partner - Ali Budiardjo, Nugroho, Reksodiputro (ABNR)
|Address:||Graha CIMB Niaga, 24th Floor
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 58
Ali Budiardjo Nugroho Reksodiputro
Indonesia, Banking & Finance, Corporate/M&A, Dispute Resolution, Insolvency & Restructuring, Labour & Employment, TaxView Law Firm Profile
Freddy Karyadi has over two decades of practising law in Indonesia and has been heavily involved in numerous complex cross border deals including TMT, TAX, restructuring distressed assets, M&A, investment, employment and dispute settlement/bankruptcy.
Karyadi was one of the pioneers who focused on the DIGITAL INDUSTRY and is the head of fintech practice team. Freddy led ABNR team in handling many transactions involving technology and fin-tech / health-tech / edu-tech/Media/ TMT companies, from early stage fund raising, integration, incorporation-expansion, exit, public offering preparation to regulatory compliance and has represented independent power producers (IPP), giant ECAs and commercial banks for various electricity sector financing. Karyadi’s clients vary from multinational to start-ups which span across a wide range of industries including natural resources, energy, financial institutions (including MULTIFINANCE, P2P, insurance, insurance brokerage, bank, etc), health-care, private equity funds – venture capital, and property. With a strong knowledge of legal, commercial, TAX and accounting issues that these industries encounter, Karyadi can quickly identify the key issues and offer practical business oriented legal solutions.
On litigation matters, Karyadi handled various suspensions of payment and bankruptcy proceeding of various industries including aviation, shipping, and mining sectors and also assisted clients in TAX disputes.
Karyadi has been consistently rated as a leading lawyer by several international publications including Legal500, Asian Business Law Journal (Vantage Asia), IFLR 1000 and Asialaw for the last half decade.
He is a member of the Board of Ethic of AFTECH (Indonesian FINTECH Association) and the Editorial Board of The Derivatives and Financial Instrument Journal of the International Bureau of Fiscal Documentations. He contributes numerous TAX and law articles of Conventus Law, IFLR, International Tax Review, Thomson Reuters, Lexology, International Comparative Legal Guide and Getting the Deal Through. Karyadi was also a speaker at IBA, IPBA, IFA and IFLR events and gave seminars for tech start-up communities.
Recent transactions highlight:
- Leading ABNR team in advising PT Indo Raya Tenaga, the (around US$ 3.6 billion) project company Java 9&10 power plant; (2020);
- Leading ABNR team in advising a prominent investor in the approx USD 18 billion mega-merger of Indonesian top tech companies (2021);
- Leading ABNR team in assisting a divestment majority stakes in around USD 100 million dollars fintech to a top leading Indonesian technology company (2020);
- Leading ABNR team in assisting major international fintech driven investment firm in providing multimillion dollars facility to a leading peers to peers platform (2020);
- Leading ABNR team in assisting a world leading manufacturer in the rack-and-pinion rail vehicle industry in its cooperation (initial investment around USD 100 milion) with the Indonesian state-owned integrated rolling stock manufacturer (2019);
- Leading ABNR team in assisting a multi million dollars partial divestment in a market leading printing company to a major Japanese printing company and the relevant cooperation (2019);
- Leading ABNR team in assisting PT Layar Persada in sale of shares in PT Graha Layar Prima Tbk (an Indonesia-based company primarily engaged in the operation and management of movie theater chain and food and beverages) to Coree Capital Limited amounting to approximately US$ 70 million (2018);
- Leading ABNR team in assisting a prominent conglomerate investor in the USD 50 million funds raising by PT Sicepat Ekspres Indonesia, an e-commerce-focussed logistics company (2018);
- Leading ABNR team in advising a giant investor in the around USD 100 million IPO of a leading hospital chain (2018).
English & Bahasa Indonesia
Indonesian Tax Consultant Association (IKPI)
International Fiscal Association (IFA)
International Federation of Accountant (IFAC)
Indonesian Capital Market Legal Consultant (HKHPM)
Indonesian Advocates Bar (PERADI)