Our Construction practice continues with its Construction video series to keep clients updated on the latest industry developments, as well as construction law in Hong Kong. We include in this client alert our second episode on “Practical Tips for Preparing Adjudication Documents under SOPP framework”, which includes some key takeaways for our clients’ reference.
Please click here to watch the video.
- Under the Government’s Security for Payment Provisions (SOPP), whilst the adjudication process will have a tight timeframe, the parties will still need to take care when preparing their adjudication documents
- The Notice of Adjudication is perhaps the most important document in the adjudication process
- It defines the dispute that the Adjudicator has to decide
- The Adjudication Submission and Response may be the only opportunity for a party to present its case in detail and to persuade the Adjudicator
- When you prepare such documents, ask yourself this question – does the submission contain all arguments and evidence needed to persuade the Adjudicator?
For further information, please contact:
Joseph Chung, Partner, Deacons