SyCipLaw’s Tax Department has prepared an international edition of its Tax Issues and Practical Solutions (T.I.P.S.) for the second quarter of 2022.
The SyCipLaw T.I.P.S – International Edition covers the following tax issues:
- Are the Bureau of Internal Revenue’s collection efforts deemed initiated at the time of the issuance of the Final Decision on Disputed Assessment?
- Does failure to indicate the date of acceptance of the BIR in the Waiver of the Defense of Prescription under the Statute of Limitations render the waiver invalid?
- Would the failure to indicate a definite due date in the tax assessment render the same invalid?
- Can an officer of a corporation be held criminally liable for the corporation’s failure to pay taxes solely on the basis of a letter to the BIR signed by such officer expressing the corporation’s willingness to enter into a compromise?
- Does the Court of Tax Appeals have jurisdiction over a claim for tax refund filed by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas with the BIR?
- Does filing a motion for reconsideration of a final decision on a disputed assessment with an Assistant Commissioner of the BIR toll the 30 day period to appeal to the CTA, or the CIR, to question the assessment?
- Can a Memorandum of Assignment be a valid Letter of Authority?
- Does the tax exemption of Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation extend to its contractees and licensees?
- What are the registered projects/activities under Tiers I, II, and III of the 2022 Strategic Investment Priority Plan?
- Are there taxes due on the entry and/or importation into Freeport Zones or Ecozones of petroleum and petroleum products?
- Are BIR tax audits and other field operations suspended beginning May 30, 2022?
- What are the different classifications of Educational Institutions and how are their income
For further information, please contact:
Carina C. Laforteza, Tax Department Head,
SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan